Calculation question

Barry Levine themacguy at mac.com
Mon Apr 8 20:03:01 EDT 2002

Greetings Listas!

I have a stack with a field that will contain a math problem - something
like "4+2-3*2/3" (no quotes). How can I do a calculation that will give
me the answer? I will always know the text that is going into the field
as I "put" it there during a handler. I was looking for something like
"calculate field "myField". Note that the operators will not always be
consistently placed; in other words, the "+" may appear anywhere within
the text (or not at all); same goes for the other operators (although
there will always be at least -one- operator in the equation).

Thanks,
Barry
Barry Jay Levine
"The Mac Guy"
Macintosh Troubleshooting, System Engineering, Training,
AppleShare/OSX Server Setup, System Upgrades and Enhancements
On-Site service for K20, Business, Consumer
Phone/VoiceMail: 915-581-1105
             Fax: 915-581-8167
           eMail: themacguy at mac.com