The voice dilemma

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Sun Apr 7 19:24:01 EDT 2002

Hello Rev list,

One of the critical things that makes the onscreen keyboard I'm making
different is its ability to have full audio feedback. The problem is, I
don't know anything about voices for Windows. Does Windows or Unix have
native voices?

The Mac OS has voices. In my HyperCard version (still unfinished) all I have
to do is use a command: speak "Hello" with voice "Fred", or speak field
myField with voice "Zarvox", or set a phrase as a button task (I love the
idea of setting up a stack full of such object tasks, but the problem
remains: What's available on various platforms?).

How do I implement voices in Rev?

Thanks,
Ken N.