RR now charging royalities for runtimes?

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Sat Apr 6 20:38:01 EST 2002

Just a note, my .02 worth:

Note: I didn't read every single post on this thread, so if anyone else
already stated the obvious, I apologise.

I wouldn't think, in Scotland or anywhere else in the UK, or the U.S., or
any European countries, that anyone can legally overwrite a previous
agreement. I reread my agreement, the one I got my license with, and there
is no wording that looks even remotely like RR Ltd has the right to change
it without permission, any more than I can change it without permission.

They can issue a new agreement for licensees _after_ the current agreement
runs out, one year from the date of the agreement, but they cannot enforce
any changes to the current one without _both_ parties agreeing to do so. I
believe that would be illegal and unenforceable anywhere in the world.

So, the conclusion must be that none of the changes matter at all to
previous licensees _until_ their licenses run out.

Sincerely,
Ken N.