Bad Chars in Rev Docs (was 'Re: Jeanne...revAppVersion doesn't work?')

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Apr 6 13:16:00 EST 2002

Jeanne,

> The problem is that the characters option-L, option-<, option->, and
> option-=, which are part of the language on Mac OS and OS X systems, have
> no equivalent in the character set used for Windows and Unix, so there's
> nothing to convert them to. They need to be in the dictionary, but there's
> no way to display these characters on Windows or Unix.

There's also option-= as well, which doesn't display properly. But you CAN
display them under Windows by using the Symbol font:

option-< is numToChar(163)
option-> is numToChar(179)
option-= is numToChar(185)
option-L is numToChar(216)

I know it's a pain to switch fonts for certain characters, but its the only
way I can see it being done.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com