Can't open downloaded stack on OS X

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Apr 5 05:38:01 EST 2002

On Friday, April 5, 2002, at 03:47 AM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> I authored XMLtree.rev on a PC. I've been told it works fine on a
> Mac, but
> the creator wasn't set. Supposedly, there's some kind of 'mapping'
> utility
> in the MacOS for linking files with no creator code with apps. Perhaps
> someone else out there knows about this.

I think I was mistaken when I said I could open chatserver.rev (of
simplechat) from the dialog box; I can't now.  I can open galactic
quest.

The latter was downloaded stuffed, so probably had a creator code.

I tried changing the suffix (extension) on some stacks.  For
XMLtree and chatserver, the type changed.  For galactic quest, the
type stayed the same.  (I put .rev back.)  I assume the system gets
the type from the extension on the first two, but from a creator
code for the last.

I tried
answer "huh?" with filter ".rev"
and was not able to chose any stack.