Can't open downloaded stack on OS X

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Apr 4 18:04:01 EST 2002

On Thursday, April 4, 2002, at 12:25 PM, Dar Scott wrote:

> I downloaded a stack from the Internet (Altuit's cool
> XMLtree.rev), but I can't open it with Revolution.  It is dimmed
> in the open window.

I've been able to open this, but it does seem strange.

OS X knows the stack is a Revolution Document.  It shows up with a
Revolution Icon, anyway.  My _Mac OS X: The Complete Reference_
says the system will know the type by a creator code, a hint in the
first 1K of the file, or by the suffix.  I'm not sure what a
creator code means in the OS X context.

I think I was erroneously hesitant to open a stack other than by
the dialog box after Jeanne's explaining that double-clicking a
stack will open it in "run-time mode."  I have yet to explore what
that means.

What worked was dragging the stack onto dock icon of a running
Revolution.  I didn't try double clicking or dragging it to the
dock icon of a Revolution not running.

The answer file description does not address OS X.

Perhaps the stack is one derived from an older version.

Dar Scott