Speed of 'sliding a field'

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Apr 3 17:23:01 EST 2002

On a 333 Mhz G3 iMac, this script ran too fast for me to see what was
supposed to happen - it just jumped into place with 1 or 2 intermediate
steps. I put a "wait for 1 tick" line on the repeat loop and then it
worked beautifully. Is there something else happening at the same time
that could be slowing things down? What about any pending messages? Or
is the field sliding over complex graphics that take a lot of redrawing?

Sarah

On Wednesday, April 3, 2002, at 05:24  pm, David Kwinter wrote:

> I've been frustrated by slowness lately whenever I've tried to make a
> Rev script do anything dynamic. Am I doing something wrong? I doubt my
> G4 lacks enough power to do some of the things I want to do. Here, for
> example is a chunk of script which slides a field into position. If you
> try it out let me know if you don't mind the choppyness. Is there a
> solution?

<snip>