Today's really stupid newbie question

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Wed Apr 3 08:10:01 EST 2002

At 4:57 AM -0800 4/3/2002, Michael Foy wrote:
>how do I create a new card with a different background (oops sorry grouped
>objects) do I create a new card and then delete the grouped objects on it?

When you create a card, any groups on the card you're on, whose
backgroundBehavior is set to true, will be placed on the card. This is
automatic and can't, as far as I know, be prevented. You can:

- set the backgroundBehavior of all the groups to false, then create the card.
- create the card and remove the groups
- go to another card first that has the groups you want on it and doesn't
have the ones you don't want, and create your card while on that card.

And of course you can script any of this. It depends on what you want to do
and whether you want the groups you have already to act like backgrounds or
not.

>can't we have a 'new card' menu with a choice of backgrounds?

Well, the thing is that you may want a new card that has several groups on
it, in which case you'd be out of luck.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!