[Use-revolution] Re: Intitialization Error: Can't find Home or Tools Stack

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Wed Nov 28 10:27:01 EST 2001

On 27/11/01 5:53 am, Chipp Walters <chipp at chipp.com> wrote:

> I get this message when I launch RR1.1 Win89SE. With an OKAY button which
> quits me back to the desktop. I can fix it by reinstalling RR1.1. This is
> the 3rd time in 2 days. I don't think I'm doing anything weird, but you
> never know!
>
> I checked and the files are where they're supposed to be. Perhaps a simple
> file can be exchanged and it will work okay. Any suggestions?

Are you saving any changes to a stack called "home" using a script?  Can you
check the modification dates of the files inside the Revolution directory
and see if any of the components are modified?  That will give us a clue as
to which file has gone wrong, though I'm guessing it is going to be
license.rev.  Try backing that file up and replacing it when this happens,
that will also at least help us to narrow it down to that file.

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.