[Use-revolution] Re: Version 1.1.1

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Tue Nov 27 11:21:01 EST 2001

On 26/11/01 8:44 pm, Matt Denton <matt.denton at limelight.com.au> wrote:

> Is there going to be a 1.1.1 patch?

Yes, it will be free for all users.

> Next/Prev card and many other
> niggly things need fixing in 1.1 desperately (thanks to Geoff for his
> post on a quick next/prev fix).  I personally would like to see a freeze
> on 1.1 feature list and more stability in the package, with a fix to the
> most glaring issues first up.

Agreed, we are working on this.

> Most of the time I have 'errors' turned off so that I don't get the
> frequent Runtime errors appearing during development.  It is frustrating
> when you are learning (re-learning) a language and you additionally have
> to filter out authoring environment errors.
>
> I love using Rev and the amazing work done by Revolution, I guess I just
> feel frustrated with the frequent error dialog appearing when it is not
> my code and the many inconsistencies still in Rev.    1.1 is definitely
> a step up, I guess I'd expected the holy grail at 1.1.  All that aside,
> I'll continue to enjoy working with this powerful tool.  Don't misread
> me... you guys are doing a great job and have added tons of features...
> I just don't want to have to wait for v2.0 for a stable runtime
> environment.

Absolutely not.  On a percentage scale, 1.1 is proving more stable per user
than 1.0.  However, we clearly have a little way to go to smooth over some
rough edges and we're working on that.

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.