[Use-revolution] Re: Dead rev stack

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sat Nov 24 17:16:01 EST 2001

At 11:50 AM -0800 11/23/2001, John Cuccio wrote:
>I have a stack with a substack. When I open the substack I get the unknow
>error messagge.I go to the stack prperties, window open fine. Now press the
>script tab, the square window show , that has the acutal error, but then
>goes away so I can not see what the error is. Then a messagge commes up,
>witth the stop hand, An unknown error occured. It is possible that a
>property cannot be set to a value you have enteredl. I press the OK button.
>Same message again I press OK. Then the Stack Properties window is showing.
>So I go to click the script tab again same thing. It just keep repeating and
>I can not get any Thing to open.

The first thing I would try here is temporarily turning on Suppress Errors
and Suppress Messages in the Development menu. Then open the substack. If
it opens OK under those circumstances, open its script, and find and
comment out for the moment any openCard, preOpenCard, openStack,
preOpenStack, or openBackground handler. Then close it, turn off the
Suppress options, and open it again.

If it works, you now at least have the error narrowed down to something in
one of those handlers. You can remove the comments, line by line, and go
through each bit of the suspect handlers to figure out where the problem
might be.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!