[Use-revolution] Re: WindowsXP Documentation Translation Bug

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Fri Nov 23 02:17:01 EST 2001

At 1:18 PM -0800 11/20/2001, Chipp Walters wrote:
>Dont' know if anyone has seen this before, but I thought I'd mention it. The
>Troubleshooting card in the Documentation Stack is somewhat corrupted. It
>appears that the apostrophe character has been replaced by some unusual
>other character. I believe I saw this on my Win98 machine as well... but I
>know it's here on my WinXP machine.

Thanks for the report.

What's going on is that the Troubleshooting list didn't get properly
converted to the ISO character set during the build of 1.1 (my fault). This
will be fixed in the next docs release, of course, but meanwhile here's a
quick fix:

1. Open to the Troubleshooting list in the docs stack and type this in the
message box (all one line):
  set the completeContents of the mouseControl to macToISO(the
completeContents of the mouseControl)

2. Move the mouse pointer over the scrolling list and press Return to
execute the line. (To display the newly fixed text, you might have to set
the popup menu above the field to "filter" and type a few characters, then
backspace over it, or else go to another card and come back.)

3. When you're done, enter
  save stack "revDocs"
into the message box and press Return.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!