[Use-revolution] Rev 1.1 External Collection?

Peter Reid preid at reidit.co.uk
Thu Nov 22 17:33:04 EST 2001

Anyone worked out how to use the Externals Collection with Rev 1.1?
I thought the features of the External Collection were being
incorporated into Rev 1.1, but I can't see how and where.

In particular, I'm looking for the equivalent to "ext_openFile" which
will open a file in it's associated application.  This works better
than the "launch" command since it takes care of whether the
application is open already.

I'd like to produce a Mac OS X version of my stack and the original
External Collection is not usable in this situation.  Anyone found
how to do this?

Cheers

Peter
--
Peter Reid
Reid-IT Limited, Loughborough, Leics., UK
E-mail: preid at reidit.co.uk
Web: http://www.reidit.co.uk