[Use-revolution] open process and read process from commands

Runtime Revolution User runrev at nationalhome.org
Wed Nov 21 20:05:09 EST 2001

Hello Everybody,

Is there a way to use the open Process / read from process command to run an external appication in the background without the script stopping entirely?  My revolution app will wait until the "read from process" command until I close the process to move on to the next line.

For example...

on mouseUP
    open process "apache.exe" for read
    read from process "apache.exe" at 1 until linefeed
    put it into myval
    put myval into field "newfield"
end mouseUP

When I do this, it opens up the application but doesn't put the output into the newfield until I exit the application. How would it be possible to run multiple applications?

Ron Tan