Speed of different versions of MC?

David Epstein dfepstein at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 12:19:10 CST 2013

After years of using Metacard 2.5, I've started using LiveCode 4.5 and
5.5.3 as well as the the Metacard interface for those.  Particularly on my
older Mac (PowerPC chip System 10.4) I have noticed some significantly
slower operations with the newer versions.  Is this consistent with others'
experience?  And will stacks' performance as standalones tend to be roughly
similar to how they work in the development environment with which I
compile them?
I can see ways of speeding up certain handlers if I have to, but have been
spoiled by the raw power of Metacard 2.5, which meant that scripts simpler
to design but less efficient to parse would cause no detectible lag.
Many thanks for any thoughts.

David Epstein