Even older version MC?

Eva Isotalo eva.isotalo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 05:39:56 CDT 2011

I'm having irritating issues when trying to adjust our (very old) game.
We want to make a download version of it since there is still a demand
for it. The only thing I'm doing is to change the start up file (exe) so
it doesn't check for a CD in a drive. I then save the start up file. As
a result I get all kinds of issues with errors in other stacks which I
haven't touched! I have tried doing this on two Vista systems, 32 and 64
bits which makes no significant difference.
I  save the file now with MC version 2.4.3 and the game was made with
the version from year 2000 (can't even remember which version I had
then). I have looked through backups to find the older MC version with
no luck.

My Qs:
Are these issues all MC version related or does it also have to do with
computer system?
Do I need to get hold of the old MC version I purchased once upon a time
to get rid of these issues? If so, does Runrev still have those old MC
versions around? Well I can write them directly about that of course. :)

Any suggestions appreciated.
Eva