[MC_IDE] Quick Poll

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Thu Mar 31 17:08:23 CDT 2011

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011, J. Landman Gay wrote

> On 3/31/11 12:12 PM, Wilhelm Sanke wrote:
>

>     Didn't you just state that the build process has been moved into the
>     engine, so - again - why maintain the protection of the Rev standalone
>     builder?
>
> The actual building is done in the engine, but the *ability* to build
> is in the IDE and is protected. Without that protection, anyone with a
> current LiveCode license could create a competing product. I know you
> yourself wouldn't do that, but others might.
>
> --
> Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jac... at hyperactivesw.com

Thank you Jacqueline,

this makes sense to me, point taken.

And as I assured not to develop a competing product and can be relied on
that assurance, Kevin maybe may allow me to have a look at that
priviledged info needed to build a MC standalone.

Best regards,

Wilhelm