New MC-standalone builder

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jun 16 09:17:47 CDT 2011

On 6/16/11 1:33 AM, Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

> Richard,
>
> could you shed some light on my question below?

Thank you for your patience.  As you've seen from my posts to the
use-livecode list, it's been a hectic period here overcoming challenges
with CLUIs and other things, but I agree this is important so let's
address it:

>> Hello Richard,
>>
>> Is it still too early to ask or could you tell us when the new
>> standalone builder could be released?
>>
>> We are thankful for your commitment to manage this task.

I'll try to make some time to come into the office on Saturday to wrap
that up and post it.

It currently only handles Mac, Win, and Linux, so if you need RevWeb or
anything else you're on your own for that (though contributions to
enhancing the new SB are welcome- let's discuss strategies for
implementation if you're interested).

There's an annoyance in the current design in which it requires you to
point to a folder containing your Runtime engines; it figures out where
to find the appropriate engine from there, but does require that you
have such a folder.

One of the revisions I want to make Sat. is to remove the requirement to
pull out your Runtime folder, and let you instead simply point to your
LiveCode folder/.app.

Even better would be to find it for you, but I don't believe the MC IDE
currently provides a preference setting to store the path to your LC
installation.

@Ken:  Could we provide such a preference?  This could be very useful
for all sorts of things, from managing externals to finding
documentation elements and more, obviating the need to replicate any of
those files.

  Fourth World