MC IDE engine 4 and password protection

Tariel Gogoberidze tariel at mac.com
Wed Sep 1 20:03:09 CDT 2010

Hi,

BTW in password protected stacks,   toggling of "Password" / "Passcode" button in "Properties" stack   is broken in MC IDE under engine 4.

As we know in engine 4 the password protection was changed
1. can't use "copy" in password protected stack
2. put the password -- in pre vs 4 engine returns encrypted password and in vs 4 + will return "true" (if stack is password protected)

For this or another reason, in latest MC IDE with engine vs 4 or greater, if you have password protected stack,  choose "stack properties" under "Edit" menu and click on "properties" tab...
instead of "Passcode" label, you will see "Password" label and clicking on that button will ask for password and even if you type valid password it will throw error with "Password protected".

Bottom line, button will not toggle to "Passcode" label if stack is password protected and it's probably easy to fix. I'm just curious, may be somebody already did that in their MC IDE and can tip on what is exact fix.

best regards
Tariel