Building standalones AARRGGH

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Sep 1 17:56:41 CDT 2010

On 9/1/10 5:08 PM, Shari wrote:
> Jacques,
>
> Thank you for the URL. From some of what I was reading about the whole
> 4.0+ change, I got the impression that there may come a time when we
> cannot build standalones in Metacard. So it would be good to know how to
> do it in Rev. I've never successfully done it in Rev as Rev doesn't like
> my stacks and never has.

So far you're the only one I know of who can't make it work. We don't
even get any complaints in the support queue. So there is something
about your stacks that's different than the norm.

Two things to try. First, tell us what those error codes are and I'll
look them up. That should give a clue.

Second, if you are including MC resources in your stack, Rev may not
like it. Make a copy of one that won't build and, as a test, open it in
MC and use the resource mover to remove all MC resources. Save the
stack. If the file extension is "mc" on disk then change it to "rev"
(shouldn't be necessary any more but that used to be a problem.) Open
the test stack in Rev, use Standalone Settings to choose some options
and platforms, and try a build. If that works, your other attempts were
probably getting hung up on the issue where you can't have two stacks
with the same name (ask/answer dialogs, most likely.) If that's the
problem then the error codes should tell us.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com