MetaCard Setup 1.0.3

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Mar 28 14:29:07 CDT 2010

Robert Brenstein wrote:
> On 27.03.10 at 21:33 -0500 J. Landman Gay apparently wrote:
>> on startup
>>   if the version >="2.7" then
>>     start using stack "mctools.mc"
>>     if the platform <> "MacOS" then
>>       open stack "mctools.mc"
>>     end if
>>     set the defaultStack to "Home"
>>     reset cursors
>>   end if
>>   pass startup
>> end startup
>
> I have added this not as startup handler but per Ken's instructions in
> the preopen handler of cd 1 script of the Home stack. Without this
> script inserted, the launch hangs up as I mentioned before. With the
> script, MetaCard launches and all works except that the home stack
> buttons have no icons until clicked.

I have the handler in the first card of the Home stack too, but it is a
startup handler, not a preOpenCard handler. Try changing your handler to
startup; that was Mark Waddingham's suggestion. I think the tools stack
needs to load very early in the process.

> It could be cool if the setup script checked whether the above script
> fragment is added and pop a warning if it is not. Nothing more.

I'll put it on my "someday" list, but probably won't get around to
implementing it unless some other changes need to be made too.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com