(no subject)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jul 14 21:24:11 CDT 2010

Alain Farmer wrote:
> Hello.  :)
>
> I have been using MetaCard 2.5 for over a decade now, and, with some free time on my hands, I was wondering what RunRev was up to these days. I must say.. I am impressed! Particularly with all of the new [web] features:
>
> * save stack as revlet and deploy-to-web ;
> * free downloadable plugin for revlets ;
> * free 'player' of stacks (eg RevMedia) ;
> * part to display/manage genuine tables ;
> * interact with mySQL databases ;
> * rev based web hosting ...
>
> Way to go!  :-)
>
> But how come I haven't heard much/any news about these new [web] features? From all of you mc/rev users, I mean. Do these features really deliver [as promised]? Are Revlets better (perform better) than java-Applets? Or Flash for that matter? Can a revlet write to the user's disk??
>
> Do the revlets do everything a stack can? Are the revlets limited in some way? Do they require a server-side process[es] - CGI, AJAX, or otherwise - to do certain things? If so: basic things? or just extraordinary things?
>
> Any comments on this, or any of the other aforementionned features, would be GREATLY appreciated. :-)
>
> Alain
>
> P.S.: Is this the correct list for this inquiry?

It's all happening over on the Rev list. This one is mostly just to
discuss the MC IDE.

I think you'll find everything you want to know if you search the list
archives: <http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.ide.revolution.user>

You can join the Rev list here:
<http://www.runrev.com/developers/community/>

Info about revserver and revWeb are in the lessons near the top of this
page: <http://lessons.runrev.com>. Basically there are two new web
technologies: one is client-side (revWeb plugin) and the other is
server-side (RevServer.) They are also working on RevMobile to allow
deployment to Android phones.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com