Control browser

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jan 13 13:08:21 CST 2010

Klaus Major wrote:

> No problems here, even in BG Edit Mode!
> OS X 10.6.2, IDE 3.5.

Thanks Klaus, you and Wilhem seem to confirm my suspicion. I think it is
because these stacks are HC imports. I've hit some other weird snags
with those too, and if the layering issue were really a problem for
everyone I'm pretty sure it would be in the bug database by now.

One other goofy thing I found yesterday in a HyperCard imported stack:
rectangle buttons import correctly as style "rectangle" with the correct
properties set. The ones I'm working on did not have autohilite
assigned, so I clicked that option in the property inspector, but the
buttons would not hilite (same behavior in Rev too.) I had to set the
buttons to a different style, then set them back to "rectangle" again.
After that they did hilite.

Stuff like that is hard to diagnose. I think the layering problem is
just another one of those things. Relayering the objects by script
doesn't fix the control browser problem though, so it's very difficult
to work with background objects sometimes.

Lucky me. ;)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com