Control browser

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jan 12 17:55:27 CST 2010

Wilhelm Sanke wrote:
> "J. Landman Gay"<jacque at hyperactivesw.com>  wrote:
>

>> Anyone else having trouble with the control browser when trying to edit
>> objects in a background? Frequently I click on an object and it
>> immediately unselects. I can change the object via the message box
>> (i.e., set its color or layer, etc.) and I can select it manually with
>> the edit tool.
>>
>> It may be because I'm working on so many HC conversions. I've set the
>> HCAddressing to false but it doesn't help. The same behavior occurs in
>> Rev sometimes, so it may be HC-related. Thought I'd check.
>

> Does not happen here.
> If I click on an object in a group, the Control Browser immediately
> switches to display all group objects and the selected object stays
> selected (WindowsXP, Metacard/Rev version 3.5).

Were you in editBackground mode? Selections work okay if I'm not editing
a background and I have selectGroupedControls turned on. If you were in
editBackground mode without any problem, then maybe it's something about
these HyperCard imports I do. It happens to me pretty frequently, but
only since engine version 3.0 (or around that time, I don't remember
exactly when it started.)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com