How to deal with zip archives?

Klaus on-rev klaus at major.on-rev.com
Tue Dec 21 07:04:54 CST 2010

Hi Zryip,

> From: Björnke von Gierke <bvg at mac.com>
> > you can use externals, just need to load them yourself:
> > set the externals of myStack to "revzip.bundle"
>
> Björnke,
>
> Thanks for the hint.
> Looks interesting.

I use to do this:
1. Copy ALL rev externals (ALL, no subfolders for the different database externals,
ALL externals in one folder!) into a folder in the MC folder.

2. Then I added a handler to the cardscript of my MC "home" stack:
on openstack
  setup_externals
  start using this stack
end openstack

command setup_externals
  put the filename of this stack into fn
  set itemdel to "/"
  delete item -1 of fn
  put "/externals/" after fn
  put the folder into olddir
  set the folder to fn

## This is for Mac!
## "switch" the platform here and use files: DLLs for Windows
## You get the picture :-)
  put the folders into tBundles
  filter tBundles with "*.bundle"
  repeat for each line i in tBundles
    put fn & i & CR after Xlist
  end repeat
  delete char -1 of Xlist
  set the folder to olddir
  set the externals of this stack to Xlist
end externalseinrichten

Hint, if you use MC for building standalones, you must copy all these externals
manually to your standalone package!

> Best regards,
> TheSlug

Best