Remove the password protection of a stack & Application browser

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Dec 15 21:35:54 CST 2010

On 12/15/10 6:34 PM, Zryip Theslug wrote:
> Dear MC Group,
>

> I'm pretty more familiar with the LiveCode IDE.
>
> Could someone point me out:
>
> 1) How removing the password protection of a stack in the MC IDE.
> In the LC IDE the IDE asks me for the password when I'm trying to open a script
> in the stack. In the MC IDE, I'm informed that the stack is password protected
> but not asking a password

MC is more like a command line app, with only a minimal GUI. There are a
few more improvements in it now than originally but it still is missing
many of the interface items that LiveCode provides. The object
inspectors contain only the basic, most-used items, and everything else
you must set from the message box. That applies to passwords too. In
fact, if you don't know a property exists you are likely to miss it
entirely because the IDE has no reference to it.

It does force you to learn the whole language though. :)

> 2) I'm using a lot the Application browser in LC.
> Do we have an equivalent in the MC IDE?

Like others said, MC has the Control Browser. The difference between it
and LiveCode's browser is that in MC you can only see the objects on the
current card. Sometimes that is exactly what I want and I switch to MC
just for that. I also prefer how it handles object layering, which is
much quicker than LiveCode. Other times I want to see the entire stack
structure, so I open my stack in LiveCode for that.

It is common for me to use both MC and LiveCode on the same stack in the
same development session, but I don't think very many people do that. It
can get complicated. :)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com