Metacard 4

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 08:49:59 CDT 2009

I had forgotten how awkward it was to get quite a lot of things donein
Metacard as opposed to RunRev.

I only 'made' Metacard 4 because, like the Eiger; it is there!

I would also like to remind folk of the following inescapable facts:

1. You need to own some sort of RunRev Studio or Enterprise to be able to
    pop the engine into the MC environment.

2. The Metacard standalone builder does not allow one to build the MC
    equivalent of revlets: not even sure what they would be called:

    "MetaCrudlets" ?  "Metalets" ?   "Metlets"  ?

3. The difficulty of getting "under the hood" with the MC IDE is awful,
    and is becoming increasingly awful.

Having paid for RunRev (you cannot make MC from the Free revMedia as
the RunRev engine is wrapped up with everything else) why not just us
it?

Ah, that reminds me, before I fly back to Bulgaria, I have to buy some
new kilt socks: as I am not a backward looking type, having bought
them I will not take 3 threads out of them, shove them back in the
bag and go on wearing the 20 year-old horrors I was sporting at the
conf. (no chance to shop before it began).