Standalone Building

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Oct 8 12:28:24 CDT 2009

Hugh Senior wrote:
>> IF the new standAlone builder forces the inclusion of spurious
> "development
>> properties" to each control, I for one shall not be upgrading.
>
> Klaus answered:
> "As far as I know this is NOT part of the process of building the
> standalone but a scripted Rev IDE only thingie!"

AFAIK, the new engine-based build method handles only the binding of the
engine to the Rev stackfile, along with embedding ICOs and other
operations on the executable binary.  Like Klaus said, IDE-specific
things appear to remain handled only in the IDE, so we MC folk needn't
be concerned about things like 40 minutes of property removal. ;)