Metacard 4

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Tue Oct 6 11:23:32 CDT 2009

This may have been already noticed here, I just want to make sure:

The Rev "Standalone" files - necessary to build standalones - of
versions 4 dp3 and dp4 do not work with the Metacard Standalone Builder.
Version 3.5 does.

I experience this on Windows, but did not test on MacOS.

We need to make sure (Klaus?) that the final version 4.0 *will* be
compatible with our Standalone Builder.

Concerning Richmond's assessment of Metacard:

> Metacard is not going forwards; it is now just an old, passé user
> interface
>     jammed
>     onto an engine that deserves and requires something a lot better;
> and that
>     something is already well developed: Runtime Revolution.

Please, take look at my two contributions to the recent thread
"Practical limits on object counts" on the use-revolution list.

For a number of - maybe very personal - reasons I do roughly 95 %
percent of my development in the Metacard IDE.

Wilhelm Sanke
<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>