Bug w/ possible fix

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Mar 13 12:24:59 CDT 2009

I have a dialog that I use to set a properties on selected objects. This
dialog has a number of list fields, so I trap the arrowKey there to
facilitate easier navigation of the lists.

Problem:  MC traps the arrowKey message to allow you to nudge objects,
and because it's a frontScript it gets the message before my dialog.
The result is that when my dialog is up, even though it's modal, the
arrow keys nudge the selected object and do not navigate my dialog list
fields.

I've added this modification to my copy of the MC IDE's frontScript,
which seems to address it well enough:

on arrowKey which
   if the defaultStack <> the topStack then pass arrowKey -- RG 090313
   --

Is this a change we'll want to add to Klaus' master copy of the MC IDE,
or could this check be improved?