ask/answer annoyance

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Tue Mar 10 15:38:50 CDT 2009

On 10.03.09 at 20:11 +0000 Hugh Senior apparently wrote:
>Since it's modal, the window is blocking and has to close before anything
>can be done at all outside the modal. The only thing that springs to mind is
>you trap cmd.period in the modal itself.
>
>2p
>
>/H

Modifying the dialog to trap cmd-. is doable. However, the problem is
how to pass that cmd-. further -- as Richard explained, the exit to
top does not work as expected, that is the script exists to top
within the dialog stack while the calling script continues.

I wonder whether it is possibly to send cmd-. (in time) while closing
the dialog. It should either carry over to the loop below or
auto-cancel the next dialog popping up.

A workabout I use is to have a cancel button in such a dialog and
check for cancel in the looping script.

Robert