MSG bug, w/fix

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Feb 27 22:25:14 CST 2009

While making my own Message Box today I discovered a bug in MC's. This
snippet appears about two-thirds of the way down in the returnInField
handler in the field script:

-------------------

  if word 1 of the cs of stack "Message Box" is not among the lines of
the commandNames then
     if word 1 of the cs of stack "Message Box" is "the" \
         or word 1 of the cs of stack "Message Box" is a number \
         or token 2 of the cs of stack "Message Box" is "("
     then put value(the cs of stack "Message Box", this card)

The problem is this line:

   or word 1 of the cs of stack "Message Box" is a number

Should be:

   or token 1 of the cs of stack "Message Box" is a number

As written, this phrase will throw an error:

   1+1

With this fix expressions like that will run okay.