Gradient tool?

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Mon Feb 16 17:15:38 CST 2009

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009, Klaus Major wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>> Anyone make a gradient tool for MC 3.0?
>
> Not that I knew.
>> If not I'll see what I can whip up, but it sure would be handy if it
>> were available right now. :)
>
> Feel free to create one :-)
>>   --
>>     Richard Gaskin
>>     Fourth World Media Corporation
>>     ___________________________________________________________
>   Best
>
> Klaus

Depends what you mean by "gradient tools".

Bernd Niggemann and myself we have integrated the Rev. 3  gradient tools
into the sample stack "More about Mask Rev3"

<http://www.sanke.org/Software/MoreAboutMasksRev3.zip>

which uses some possibilities of the gradient tools to create gradient
masks. See card "using gradient tools" of this stack..

But there are several other stacks and tools to be found in our
Metacard/Rev community which deal with gradients in different ways.
For my part, I might mention various algorithms contained in my
"Imagedata Toolkits" that either transform photos into gradient patterns
with varying widths and heights of the gradient elements inside a
picture or where uni- and -bi-directional gradients are created from
scratch.

These latter "gradient tools" do not rely on the new Rev 3 features, but
can be used with any version of Metacard.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke
<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>