IDE Interoperability

Alain Farmer alain_farmer at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 27 19:50:38 CDT 2009

Hi Björnke and y'all,

I'm only a lurker on the revInterop list. I listen and react-to some of the things you're discussing to make Rev interoperable, in-order-to brainstorm, design, and craft my own xCard-inspired application; "authoring system" to be more precise.

My xCard will be a Web-app just as TileStack is endeavouring to be, but my approach is VERY-different. I've been working at it for close-to a decade, yet it still remains VERY-original. It's NOT that I have been slacking-off; it's just that reality had to catch-up to what I have been envisioning for over TWO decades. And NOW, with the advent of Web 3.0, it finally HAS! :))
Or finally *will* if you disagree that Web 3.0 is upon us. Catch the Wave as it swells, NOT as it breaks upon the beach and everyone knows about it.

The gist of my plan is for my xCard-inspired authoring system to become Web 3.0's [first] Killer-App.. the one that empowers "the rest of us" to author and manage Web-3x applications: from Rolodexes to autonomous agents endowed with artificial intelligence. :-)

It's a Brave New World, y'all. Let's lead the way with something as FUN and simple-to-use as HyperCard was.. euh still *is*, I suppose. I don't want to be a heretic ;-) Btw i will be calling my ware "Lazarus". Guess why, eh! ;)

Fading-back into the obscurity,  ;)

Alain