Shortcuts in the MC IDE

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Apr 10 12:24:01 CDT 2009

Klaus Major wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> while I am changing the IDE to support DataGrids and "reviving" the
> disappeared shortcuts for debugging etc. in the Script Editor what about
> adding some shortcuts to the menu?
>
> Like:
> CMD-N for "New Stack"
>
> CMD-ALT-N for "Create Card"
>
> CMD-ALT-BACKSPACE for "Celete card"
>
> CMD-ALT-S for "Save as..."
>
> CMD-ALT-R for "Revert"
>
> CMD-ALT-I for "Import..."
>
> CMD-ALT-P for the OS "Page setup..." dialog
> Or is someone really still using the old MC page setup dialog?????
>

> And whatever might come handy, proposals welcome!
>
> Hey, we can have all these new shortcuts now in Rev >= 3 why not use
> them? :-)
> Any objections?

This is a wonderful idea. I only have one suggested change -- on Macs,
at least, some of the common commands (like "save as" and variations on
"new" anything, in this case, "new card") are typically done with the
shift key instead of option/alt key. Would there be any issues with
using Shift instead of Alt? My fingers are hard-coded to the shift key
after all these years.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com