Font Chooser in MC-IDE 2.9 and 3.0b

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Oct 17 12:03:29 CDT 2008

Wilhelm Sanke wrote:
> <cid:part1.02020207.01020200 at hrz.uni-kassel.de>If the font of a button
> is empty and you open the font chooser it displays "none" as the font
> name as it should.
>
> Then after having chosen a font, e.g. "Arial", nothing is visible in the
> "Size" and "Height" fields as a default.
>
> Using the scrollbar of the "size" does not display any option, nor is it
> possible to type anything into the "size" field.
>
> The necessary workaround seems to be - maybe there are more
> possibilities - to check the "Bold" button. After checking "bold" you
> can now type a value into the "Size" field and then you also can use the
> size scrollbar to display other values. Likewise the "Height" field now
> contains values.
>
> When you have saved the "New Button" and reopen the Font Chooser "@Arial
> Unicode MS" is now hilited instead of the originally selected and saved
> "Arial".
>
> Seems we need an overhaul of the Font Chooser.
>
> Sorry to cause extra work for the authors of the Font Chooser, who have
> devoted so much of their valuable time to produce a modern IDE.

Good point, this has bothered me for a long time but I've been too busy
to look at it. I just tried a simple fix which seems to work, but it
needs testing. In the stack script of the Font Chooser, there is a
"mouseup" handler. It has a switch structure. If you add the "refresh"
command after the switch is done, it seems to work:

on mouseUp
   if the selobj is empty then
     exit to MetaCard
   end if
   switch the short name of the owner of the target
     -- SWITCH STUFF HERE
   end switch
   refresh -- ADD THIS
end mouseUp

Does that help? If so, Klaus, can you add it to the next update?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com