Script Editor problems

Hugh Senior h at FlexibleLearning.com
Thu Nov 27 12:01:28 CST 2008

Thank you Klaus... I thought it was just me! I cannot step through any lines
that refer to objects as the mc script editor immediately reports an 'no
such object' (or similar) error. Is becoming a royal P.I.T.A. and am
resorting to writing out to .txt debugging files, beeps, msg box put
statements etc just to work around it.

/H

Hi friends,

does someone also experience this strageness?

I cannot debug script that contain "this" of any kind!?
Like in this little example:

on mouseUp
   get 222
   put the short name of this stack into s_name
   ## -> "Script Editor 1" in Variable Watcher

   put the name of this cd into c_name
   ## -> card "Editor card"

   get fld "field in original stack"
   ## Error: can't find object