Metacard still wins

Lynn Fredricks lynn.fredricks at runrev.com
Fri Aug 8 13:01:06 CDT 2008

> I've NEVER had that happen with the MC IDE.  Ever in many
> years, from MC 2.4.3 to 2.9, it has never happened (using Enterprise).
>
> So I attempted to install the MC IDE hoping Klaus was wrong
> about Media, but sadly, it wouldn't stick either so I guess
> I'm going to be sleeping with the Rev IDE over there.  At
> least here I can dance with my happy MC IDE :-)

Revolution Media, as Jan suggested, has a different emphasis than Studio and
Enterprise. The ability to use your IDE of choice - Rev, MetaCard or Galaxy
is a major advantage, as is the ability to build standalones. Media is
really positioned more to replace HyperCard by providing a very inexpensive
way to get into authoring. Media isnt without expansion capabilities though
- you can still use libraries like Animation Engine. Media is therefore more
"complete" out of the box, but feature limited compared to Studio.

Im going to write a follow on post about the toolkit which is media in our
"Issue Release" method we have moved to at Mirye, which will expand on this.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Mirye Software Publishing
http://www.mirye.com