Resource mover question

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Wed Apr 16 13:42:39 CDT 2008

>just took a look at the scripts and yes, clicking "Start move" will
>first send a "mouseup"
>to btn "Delete Resources", which then deletes ALL resources in the
>target stack.

Yup, that got me good this week :-)  I wasn't expecting it.  I've
been chasing down a bug for days, totally perplexed, and finally
tracked it down to the missing Ask/Answer dialogs.  I hadn't deleted
them, but I had deleted the other resources manually and used the
resource mover to replace them.  When I turned it into a standalone,
the standalone failed...

I store all the stacks permanently in the standalone, and rarely move
or change the resources (only if I upgrade to a new Rev version as
I've just done).

The Ask/Answer stacks specifically are customized slightly, so they
in particular stay embedded.  If this app wasn't so reliant on them,
I'd do away with them permanently.  Future apps won't touch them with
a ten foot pole... they've been such a bugger to me over the years in
so many ways!

Future apps will make nice, purty windows with nice, purty code to
run them :-)  The adventure game has already done that, so everything
integrates visually.

Shari
--
   Humorous sports t-shirts