AllowInterrupts 'False' By Default?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Nov 9 15:15:08 CST 2007

I've been dealing with the fact that I have been unable to
Command-period out of script execution for many months, and even
complained about that to Richard... however he didn't seem to have any
problems. So after doing a lot of testing, I have come to the following
facts:

1) A brand new build of MC and the MC IDE using the latest 2.8.1
version of Rev will, by default, set the allowInterrupts to FALSE. (I
searched through all of the scripts in the MC IDE, and none set the
allowInterrupts property.)

2) Rev 2.8.1 has the default allowInterrupts set to TRUE. (I searched
through all of the scripts that I have access tothat Rev loads (i.e.
not the "Home.rev" stack, which is locked and I can't edit), an none
set set the allowInterrupts to TRUE.)

3) Standalones built in both MC and Rev have their default
allowInterrupts set to TRUE.

4) There are some differences between the Rev editing engine and the
Rev standalone engine (otherwise we wouldn't need to use a separate
engine to build standalones).

5) This does not have any problems in MC 2.6.6.

So it appears as through the Editing engine sets the default to FALSE,
and the standalone sets it to TRUE, and (I assume) the locked Home.rev
is setting the allowInterrupts to TRUE for use in the Rev IDE - but
since the MC IDE *isn't*, it's staying FALSE. The only other answer I
can see is that the engine is discriminating between IDEs (which is
probably unlikely).

So the big question... are any of you experiencing this same problem in
the MC IDE? The basic test I did was (a) launch MC, open the message
box, type "put the allowInterrupts"...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com