The Aborted Plunge (Metacard to Revolution)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon May 28 22:10:22 CDT 2007

Shari wrote:
> I pondered this question and figured that maybe, the time to
> contemplate a switch was NOT when I had no choice anymore.

I think that's sound, whether MC IDE goes away or not. Knowing how to
use Rev is useful, just like knowing how to drive any kind of car,
whether it's an automatic or a stick shift.

> I love the MC GUI.  It is hardy.  It doesn't clutter.  I am used to it
> :-)  And it doesn't throw up a gazillion illogical errors when I launch
> a happy stack :-)

I think your experience is pretty rare. There is the known thing about
duplicate stacks, particularly ask/answer, but any other errors should
be the same in either IDE. I routinely have stacks open in both MC and
Rev (often at the same time, though that's dangerous.) I switch back and
forth all the time.

> I just thought that maybe, I should look into the Rev GUI without
> dismissing it so quickly, as I had done previously.  I thought perhaps
> it would take just a few small changes to appease it.  But after the
> quantity of errors I encountered, even after removing all embedded
> stacks, I am abandoning it once again.

I still think that once identified, it would be just a small change.

But why not do what a lot of us have done -- create something in Rev
exclusively. When I decided to learn Rev, I just jumped in at the
beginning and made a whole project in it. I set aside one stack that I
forbid myself to open in MC. You learn it quick that way. :)

>  I don't have the time to figure out how to appease it.

I'm sure it is something simple, but without knowing exactly how it
errors and where, it's hard to know what's wrong. If you feel like it,
send me a copy of the problem stack, and I'll take a look at it in Rev
if you want. I'm curious what errors you are getting and why.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com