Mouseup snatched away

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Wed May 16 22:03:59 CDT 2007

I've encountered the strangest thing, and I have no idea when it
crept in.  I have a frontscript that catches mouseUp.  But now, while
in stack mode (the raw project before being turned into a
standalone), Metacard catches the mouseUp before my frontscript as
far as I can tell.  In checking the frontscripts, Metacard places one
in front of mine, and the Metacard Menu Bar catches it as best I can
tell.  It never gets to my mouseUp.

I left the mouseUp handlers blank and allowed the frontscript to
handle them.  It would determine the target and act accordingly.

on mouseUp

end mouseUp

Now this used to work fine.  This is not a new project, and that
particular set of code has worked without catch for quite a while.
No troubles before.  I don't know when the troubles began as I
haven't worked much on this project in the last few months.  I did
upgrade from Metacard to Revolution, and am using the Metacard IDE.
I don't know if this is when it broke.

I've had to go thru and try to find every single place of mouseUp and
create handlers in each object, where before I didn't have to bother.
Basically I just created:

on mouseUp
    someHandler
end mouseUp

This solved the problem.  But it is still perplexing.

I downloaded the latest IDE today in hopes of not having to change
all the handlers, but nope.  Am I losing my marbles or has anyone
else ever seen this?  I haven't updated to the newest engine, but am
assuming it's more of an IDE thing.

Shari
--
Gypsy King games for