[ANN] automatic metacard IDE creation tool

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Sun Jun 10 14:00:54 CDT 2007

There is one slightly unconventional option for hosting which we
could consider for things Rev-related: Amazon's S3 service. There is
no contract, and the cost is $0.15/month per GB storage and $0.18/GB
download. I believe upload is $0.10 / GB.

You can add a CNAME DNS record to any existing domain name to point
to the Amazon service space, so we could ask RunRev to redirect a
subdomain, for example:  http://metacard.runrev.com

Obviously we would have to foot the bill somehow, but it wouldn't
take much and there's no contract nor piggy backing on someone else's
server space. I can't imagine we would have a GB of files too soon
nor more than a few GB of transfer...

Incidentally, I've been contemplating writing an S3 library for Rev -
but haven't gotten around to it. There are some passable desktop
tools already out for managing files on the service.