MetaCard IDE

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sat Jun 9 04:56:31 CDT 2007

Its been a while since I have been on this list!

At Richards prompting I have just downloaded and tried out the Metacard IDE
- and I must say the interface has changed :) Which prompts me to ask a
couple of questions:

   1. Is there is a change list - or anything like that?
   2. What are the priorities for features - fixes?
   3. Does anyone understand the IDE in detail - the way the script
   editor links to the debugger for instance

>From my point of view - I'd want to fix the way in which the answer
dialogues clash when loaded with the RunRev IDE - I guess that would require
a dialogue manager? Or is there a way to do it already so you can switch
between IDE's

My interest is to:

   - Provide some plugins that work for RevIDE, McIDE and other like
   Galaxy.
   - Specifically to add the ability to flexibly re-skin the IDE so that
   new features (not just layouts) can be easily added.
   - I'm also interested to see if anyone is interested in proper svn
   hosting and documentation of open source externals
   - Longer term I want the ability to bundle McIde in end user
   applications that work withing the script limits.