The Aborted Plunge (Metacard to Revolution)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jun 2 14:10:49 CDT 2007

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:
> At 12:02 PM +0200 5/31/2007, Robert Brenstein wrote:
>> Just for curiosity, I just launched HC and checked it out. Script
>> Editor is modeless. The search script handler has
>>
>> if the script of this stack contains pattern then edit script of this
>> stack
>> repeat with curBgnd = 1 to the number of backgrounds
>>
>> All objects are checked the same way, so apparently the script
>> suspends while script editor is opened and continues after it is closed.
>

> If I remember correctly, this is because the HC script editor is a
> self-contained external (a "version 2.0" external - which has some
> capabilities that the MC/Rev interface lacks). Since the script editor
> in MC is a stack, it can't take advantage of this. (Darn.)

Regardless of how the script editor was implemented, was it modal?  It's
been a while since I've used it, but I had the impression it was
modeless, so that one could leave the window open and get back to the
stack.  But if it was modeless, how does the ss handler know to suspend
activity when it opens a script editor window?  And what triggers it to
resume again?

Been a long time since I used it, so I may just not be recalling it
correctly....