Cross cursor

Signe Marie Sanne signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Fri Jun 1 01:10:10 CDT 2007

Den 31. mai. 2007 kl. 22:22 skrev J. Landman Gay:

> Klaus Major wrote:
>> Hi Signe Marie,
>> OK, I checked on my PC and found the following.
>>> Hi Klaus
>>> I've downloaded the latest IDE. After testing on Windows there
>>> are a few things to observe:
>>>
>>> 1. When the script editor is open and I use ctrl + f to find
>>> something in this window, the wrong find window opens (the one
>>> with the 3 options: partial words, whole words, case sensitive In
>>> stack.... ) Instead I have to close it first and then choose
>>> Tools --> Find in the script editor menu.
>> Yes, the script window apparently does not get/have the focus so
>> the CMD-F gets passsed to the mctools stack.
>> Any hints from the other folks on how to fix this?
>> I have no idea unfortunately.
>
> Is this on Windows only? Because on Mac OS X it works fine. Note
> that you have to have the cursor in the script editor field though,
> otherwise the script editor doesn't have focus (which seems
> logical.) Clicking in the editor field first before typing the
> keyboard shortcut should work.

I've just checked on Mac OS X: with 2.6.6 you can open the script
editor, type apple+f to get up the right Find-window. With 2.8.1 you
do not get the right one, nor when clicking in the script editor
window. You have to use its menu.

>>> 3. And the cross cursor still appears from time to time. It
>>> happens when  I use ctrl+o to open a stack when another stack
>>> already is open (but not always). It is actually the cursor
>>> belonging to the Scrollbar tool.
>> Sorry, cannot reproduce this one.
>> Someone else seen this?
>
> No, never seen this one either. Is it Windows only? (Do I have to
> start up my Windows box?)

Yes, only on Windows XP. The scrollbar tool is sometimes selected
(hence the cross cursor) in a typical work situation as:
I open the mc.exe- file. Ctrl+ o to open a stack, work on it, open
another stack with ctrl+o and then the cross appears. Or I close a
stack writing "Close this stack" in the menubar, opens a new stack
and then the cross appears. Sometimes when opening the first stack as
well.

Signe Marie