Plugins

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Mon Jul 16 08:01:52 CDT 2007

On 16/07/07, Klaus Major <klaus at major-k.de> wrote:
> > Forgot to answer the last question.
>
> Let me put it this way:
> Docs? We don't need no stinking docs! :-D
>
> Seriously, since this is all done on a volunteer base, you should not
> exspect a documentation of our work.

No expectations - and i am happy to help write some - so if I've got
it right there is no API for plugins as far as the stack is concerned
- the MC IDE just list it and at most opens it as top level and / or
"uses" it - everything else is up to you to handle with startup
routines in your plugin.

This is the same as Rev except that rev has the options for "quitting"
and can trap the following messages:

revCloseStack
revEditScript
revIDChanged
revMouseMove
revMoveControl
revNameChanged
revNewTool
revPreOpenCard
revPreOpenStack
revResizeControl
revResizeStack
revResumeStack
revSaveStackRequest
revSelectedObjectChanged
revSelectionChanged
revShutdown

So the question is - is it a good idea to have plugin compatability
and if so these messages should be added to the front script of the MC
IDE. But maybe there is a more minimal way?

I guess there could be a "revMessages" plugin - that did this on
startup - still I'd vote for adding it to the IDE to encourage the
development of plugins by not putting more incompatibilities than
there need to be in the way?