Answer and Ask Dialogues

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sun Jul 15 07:55:02 CDT 2007

On 15/07/07, Klaus Major <klaus at major-k.de> wrote:

> > Are the stack names fixed in the engine (now that would be a bad idea)
>
> I'm afraid this is the case.

OK - that officially sucks

MC uses other differnet stacks (stored as "Answer dialog" and "Ask
> dialog" as substacks of "mctools.mc")
> than Rev (stored as individual stacks named "revaskdialog.rev" and
> "revanswerdialog.rev" in folder "Toolset"
> in the app folder.

 So the only way round this bit is to either ignore the name clash - or
rename the dialogs or possibly in the case of the RunRev IDE remove the
association linked in the stackfiles.

Does anyone know where RunRev stores the stackfile associations (which
stack) - I think there is no way of finding out other than searching each
stack.

> What are the issues about having both IDE's available within the
> > same process?
>
> I'm not sure, but I think they both demand a "home" stack on startup
> and Rev uses another home stack than MC.
> And Rev's home stack is locked!
>
> > Can't we just switch between the two - toggling library scripts
> > In fact taking that to an extreme - what would it take to make a
> > plugin that closed down the Rev IDe and launched the MC IDE, and
> > vice versa?
>
> I have no idea.

OK - I'll have a little play. MC uses one stack and one front and back
script - the problems is the name clash with the various dialogs. Maybe a
startup script can reanme these  stacks depending in which environment they
are opened in...