Automated setup file uploaded

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jul 14 21:23:50 CDT 2007

I've just uploaded my version of the MetaCard Setup stack to the MC_IDE
area on Yahoo Groups:

This stack will automate setting up the MC IDE and installing the latest
Revolution engine. There are several options available; for example, you
can automatically download the latest IDE, use an existing IDE (handy if
you've edited your IDE stacks) and choose the version of the engine to
install.

Since automated downloading from the Yahoo area is tricky, RevJournal is
currently mirroring the latest IDE stacks. I will keep the files updated
whenever they change, (and Klaus, Richard can give you access too if you
want.)

In addition to engine and IDE installation, the setup stack will
optionally download and install a copy of the Revolution Dictionary
Shell stack. If desired, it will also move all the Revolution
documentation into the shell. Import works with any version of
Revolution 2.x or higher.

This is a handy stack to place in the MC Plugins folder, where you can
access it every time an update is needed. There is extensive
documentation in the stack, just click the "?" button at the lower left
corner to read it.

The stack has been tested with the last 2 engine revisions and the last
3 IDE changes, and seems to work fine, but please report any problems if
you find them.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com