IsAstack ( )

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Jul 13 13:21:53 CDT 2007

On Jul 13, 2007, at 2:13 PM, David Bovill wrote:

> I have not found any problems with name space collision using the
> technique Chipp described. Locking messages and loading a stack
> with the same name into memory seems fine - you just remove it from
> memory using the file name (long stack name). I tested it quite a
> bit and routinely run through 40 or 50 stacks searching for stuff
> (they often have man duplicates and so duplicate names and
> sometimes they are corrupted).
>
> I do it regularly but not that often to claim it is totally bug
> free - but would very much like to see if anyone can find an
> example where it does not work?

You are right David (and Hugh). With lock messages set to true and
referencing the stack by filename name collision isn't a problem. I
casually read Chipp's post and didn't realize what was trying to be
accomplished. I was assuming the end goal was to open a stack and not
experience any name collision when really the purpose of the post was
just to check if the specified file was indeed a stack.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems
trevor at bluemangolearning.com